Distrelec is one of Europe’s leading technical components distributors. Founded over 40 years ago in Switzerland, growth over recent years has made the Distrelec Group a leading distributor for electronics, automation, and measurement technology.
With over 350 expert colleagues based throughout the European countries in which we operate, we are a truly diverse organisation which serves a global, ever-growing customer base. We deliver 180,000 products with a focus on robotics, AI and automation. We work with over 800 suppliers, our online stores are available in 16 languages, and our customers are the world's leading brands.
About the Product Manager
- Developing and maintaining assigned product assortment, in line with the company and overall category strategy.
- Selecting appropriate new products and bring to market through relevant marketing channels with an emphasis on digital
- Owning product lifecycle from introduction through to end of life, ensuring necessary inventory actions to remove obsolete stock
- Defining NPI pricing strategy to drive market share gains
- Identifying opportunities in new, or emerging markets and technologies to drive future growth
- Being responsible for delivery of the Sales and Margin performance of the assigned product groups in line with agreed targets
Day to Day Tasks
- Execution of product strategy based on guidance from Senior Product Manager / Head of Product Management
- Being fully responsible for the assigned product areas by developing, enhancing, managing product portfolio to meet Sale and Margin targets
- Product lifecycle management: From NPI to EOL
- Pricing: define price structure for NPI, ensure price competitiveness by benchmarking against competition and providing competitive intelligence to the Pricing Team
- Inventory: define the initial stock for NPI, recommend the right stock level for slow/high runners with OP Team support
- Marketing: Actively promoting and merchandising owned product groups according to the strategy
- Defining key attributes and product classification for the website to improve search and conversion online
- Supporting supplier value extraction activities through close interaction/partnership with Supplier Managers
What do we want from you?
- Degree in a relevant technical or commercial area (electrical engineering/digital marketing etc.) – desirable
- C1 Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced : ENGLISH
- Technical knowledge of electronic and/or industrial components (or technically relevant technologies) and distribution
- Background in Product/Supplier Management or Purchasing
- Experience of online marketing, preferably in a distribution business model B2B or B2C (B2B preferred)
- Understanding of modern digital marketing techniques
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems and MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
- Commercial market awareness and ability to see and act upon market trend indicators
- Financial acumen – understanding of pricing (cost and sell) and impact on business margin
- Strong verbal and written communication (internal and external)
- Ability to influence and persuade others (internal and external)
- Team player with a can do attitude
- Analytical skills to evaluate performance and interpret results
- Adaptable with a focus on self-development
What will you get in return?
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home 3 days each week
- Salary: from £30,000 to £45,000 (Depending on Experience)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, private medical insurance, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
Are you Interested?
Apply now - we look forward to hearing from you!