Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Manchester Hive, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce. Come and join our fantastic team of talented and innovative individuals in our unique, open-plan office in the heart of Manchester city centre!
About the Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist position:
In the role of Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist, you will be responsible for Subject Matter Expert for guidance on data layer, tagging and requirements specs. You will liaise between back-end development teams, UK, product owners and business end users and take ownership from a data delivery perspective. You will be producing actionable e-commerce insights in the shape of ad hoc analysis and standard management reporting and be responsible for helping shape future tools – such as GA4.
The Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist is a split role that will span both IT and Analytics.
Day to day tasks of the Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist will include:
- Management of Distrelec’s tag management solution and working with marketing and product teams to implement analytics tags and tracking
- Tag management audit, including looking at legacy tags and identifying gaps in our current implementation
- Work alongside the testing team to build our automated tests and improve data integrity across the business
- Specify data layer requirements and align with our developers to set up tag tracking via Data layer to configure events/visit tracking.
- Proposing and producing reports that facilitate the efficient running of the digital and marketing teams and ensure that commercial benefits remain at the heart of all operational decisions and working with the teams to track channel and campaign performance.
- Developing and creating reports that monitor the digital performance of Distrelec’s multiple websites and working with the ecommerce team in producing data driven insights that support business case development for new functional capabilities and/or root cause analysis of eCommerce issues.
- Collation and manipulation of data to provide actionable insight informing on how Distrelec customers use and interact online ultimately to improve customer journey and site optimisation
- Driving deeper insights into marketing channels effectiveness and campaign performance and incorporate data from other areas of the business in your analysis, e.g. customer data, Google Ads, Search Console across: Paid, SEO, Email, Push & SMS channels
- Monitoring site tracking solutions to ensure tracking is correctly configured and data is being collected accurately. Working with Marketing teams to ensure all activity is properly tracked
- Working with developers to implement site tracking solutions for data collection and implement measurement tags using Google Tag Manager – creating & maintaining comprehensive documentation surrounding list of attributes tracked within Google Analytics platforms.
Align with Head of Development/Technical Leads to ensure conformity of coding standards/release management procedures.
We need applicants to the Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist position to:
- Have experience in Google Tag Manager and/or experience in other tag management solutions.
- Be an expert at hands on data manipulation and interrogation.
- Have proven experience in online analytics and interpreting complex data sets to drive action.
- Have experience managing enterprise web analytics implementations, preferably Google Analytics.
- Have experience of using Google Analytics to a proficient and confident level.
- Have thorough understanding of technical eCommerce concepts, with specific regard to the implementation of onsite analytics tools.
- Have experience working with or in marketing teams and/or development teams.
- Have experience working with data visualisation tools including Power BI, with a good understanding of SQL.
- Have experience with Big Query desirable.
- Have experience of working with data layers and writing requirements for data collection.
- Be advanced user of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets.
We'd love applicant to the Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist position to:
- Understand the commercial factors of a distribution business.
- Be able to articulate compelling customer lead justifications for significant business change or functional digital enhancements.
- Have superior stakeholder management skills coupled with excellent presentation skills.
- Have excellent team management and task management / prioritisation skills.
The personal competencies we're looking for for Web Analyst/Tagging Specialist to have are:
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to work proactively, cooperatively and be contribution-oriented
- Ability to bear personal responsibility and demonstrates quality awareness
- Ability to behave loyally and comply with rules, regulations, and legal requirements
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Hybrid working Flexible with the option to work from home up to 3 days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, private medical insurance, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.