Do you have a background in supporting Infrastructure technology - Windows Server, AD, Exchange, Office 365, Azure and VMWare?
- Are you a 3rd Line Support Engineer who can confidently provide incident investigation, root cause analysis, act as a point of escalation, resolve tickets to conclusion?
- Do you have a broad technical skillset but looking to be re-trained in new technologies and looking for a new challenge?
- Are you passionate about technology, with a strong customer service ethos, wanting to work with emerging technologies?
If you answered yes to the above then we want to hear from you!
The 3rd Line Support Engineer role will be based working as part of a team, provide effective solutions to escalated technical issues, and provide a high level of technical expertise to the business. You will provide new technical solutions ensuring effective working across the full range of services provided by the business, which cannot be resolved by 1st Line teams, liaise with 2nd line team.
You will be involved in investigating problems and providing root cause analysis, within the specific SLA, ensuring a high first-rate response target is achieved.
The role will involve working with technologies such as, VMWare, Exchange, AD, Windows Server, Cloud, Veeam, Imperva, Office 365 etc.
What will you be doing day-today?
- Working with technologies such as, VMWare, Exchange, AD, Windows Server, Cloud, Veeam, Imperva, Office 365 etc.
- Supporting multi-site technical environments including Backups, Microsoft, VMWare, Exchange, AD, Office 365, Azure, AWS.
- Taking ownership of escalated issues as 3rd line support and resolving any queries within SLA.
- Providing root cause analysis and resolution of configuration and deployment issues.
- Ensuring that 3rd party applications run efficiently across all platforms, provide root cause analysis to any problems.
- Keeping the customer updated throughout the process up to closure of the ticket.
- Ensuring all parties are kept informed when you take action that impacts other teams.
What are we looking for?
You must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- Cyber Security
- Desktop Applications including Exchange, AD, Windows Server
- Office 365
- Backup software - (Veeam is ideal)
- Storage replication and multi-site storage deployments
- An understanding of the full web technology stack (network, TCP/IP, DNS, routing, HTTP/S)
You will have a good technical background with substantial experience in a similar role (essential).
You will have a strong customer service ethos and a passion for resolving queries to a high stand within SLA’s (essential).
You will have a broad technical skillset and be keen to look at learning new technologies including working with Cloud technology (desirable).
Most importantly, we offer:
The best people - our team is what makes Distrelec a great place to work! In addition to that we also offer...
- Remote, hybrid working with two days a week in our unique Manchester City Centre office, plus flexible working hours with the option to work from home
- Competitive salary of up to £50,000 for the right candidate.
- Minimum 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Comprehensive benefits package which includes pension, life insurance, income protection as well as private medical insurance, an employee assistance programme and various additional benefits
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments, medical second opinions and mental health support, and a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work.
- Optional benefits include cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.