Distrelec is one of Europe’s leading technical components distributors. Founded over 40 years ago in Switzerland, growth over recent years has made the Distrelec Group a leading distributor for electronics, automation, and measurement technology.
With hundreds of expert colleagues based throughout the European countries in which we operate, we are a truly diverse organisation which serves a global, ever-growing customer base. We deliver the latest products necessary for innovative technologies; work with over 800 international suppliers, our online stores are available in 16 languages, and our customers are the world's leading brands.
About the Supplier Marketing Executive position:
This is a truly unique opportunity to define and execute product-centric digital marketing campaigns for our global suppliers whilst providing first-class account management.
The Supplier Marketing Executive will work with suppliers who are key to our success and growth; managing marketing budgets for numerous valued suppliers, communicating and reporting on success and progress, and identifying areas for improvement. The position will include regular, proactive calls and meetings with key stakeholders to ensure the marketing campaigns we deliver on behalf of our suppliers bring the most value.
The Supplier Marketing Executive will influence, develop and deliver annual marketing campaigns; collaborating with our expert marketing, product, design and technology teams, both in the UK and internationally. The role will work with Supplier Business Managers to develop supplier marketing opportunities and with our Product Managers and suppliers to define product selections, including design and content briefs.
The Supplier Marketing Executive will collaborate and communicate with many different external teams and develop strong inter-business relationships. We’re looking for someone with an account management background who enjoys building excellent working relationships with a diverse range of people and delivering exceptional marketing campaigns.
Day to day, the Supplier Marketing Executive will:
- Work closely with Supplier Business Managers to agree marketing plans for suppliers; creating, amending and finalising supplier marketing opportunities
- Deliver effective bespoke marketing plans for our suppliers; ensuring the delivery of agreed plans by liaising with Product Managers and Suppliers
- Brief supplier marketing plans into various channels (PPC, SEO, Email etc) and the design team
- Support the Supplier Marketing Manager in maintaining and building strong relationships with our suppliers
- Work with Product Managers and suppliers to define product selections, sign off artwork, copy and brief into design team
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure supplier plans tie in with overall marketing themes
- Report agreed activity, provide proof of activity and commentary on activity based on analytics data
- Create reporting dashboard for supplier marketing activity using Adobe Analytics / Email and Social data etc
- Compile activity report with proof of placements and analytics report, giving feedback on activity and recommendations
- Capture proof of placements for future reporting purposes
- Capture proof of placements to form part of overall reporting
- Attend and present plans/final reports to suppliers where needed
- Be the first point of contact between Distrelec and Suppliers in relation to Supplier Marketing Activity
We need the Supplier Marketing Executive to:
- Have experience working on multiple marketing plans
- Have experience presenting marketing plans to colleagues and suppliers
- Bring experience working within a multi-cultural or multiregional environment
- Be able to manage multiple stakeholders internally/externally to deliver agreed plans
- Be able to efficiently prioritise and inform stakeholders on progress or impediments
- Be able to effectively manage expectations and overcome challenging conversations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language
- Have good interpersonal and customer service skills, and a “can do“ mentality
- Have strong MS Office skills
We’d love the Supplier Marketing Executive to be:
- Comfortable following up agreements on product selections
- Self-organising with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Analytically minded and able to translate marketing statistics
- Flexible, highly adaptable and excellent team player
- Highly structured thinking and ways of working
- High attention to detail and process oriented
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) would be advantageous
Most importantly we offer:
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home up to 3 days each week
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, private medical insurance, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.