Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Manchester Hive, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce. Come and join our fantastic team of talented and innovative individuals in our unique, open-plan office in the heart of Manchester city centre!
In the role of Pricing Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Pricing Strategy and you will need to able to build simple models to ensure we are priced both competitively and at an optimal margin
- You will support the business with Purchase Price analysis (RFQs) – understanding the impact of cost changes on the inventory and future margins
- Ad hoc customer and product related analysis
- Modelling sales and margin impact forecasts based on proposed price changes
Day to day tasks include:
- Owning and implement a pricing strategy for an area of the business – covering… sales price ‘housekeeping’ processes including the pass on of purchase price changes, low margin monitoring and general pricing anomalies
- Managing foreign exchange and competitor price trackers
- Implementing daily price changes
- Extracting and manipulating large data sets from multiple systems
- Designing and implement reporting and analysis to support the Pricing and Product Management teams
- Recommending and implementing new tools, reports, software to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the Pricing function
- Supporting the management of buy price, developing and using available tools to ensure correct analysis of buy price changes and accuracy of updates to the system.
- Maintaining “commercial” product data in SAP – via Category management teams.
- To gatekeep a robust pricing approval process
- To monitor and report on trends
- Monthly comms of implemented changes, WIP and forthcoming RFQs.
- Managing the pipeline of work.
We need you to:
- Have A Levels or Equivalent
- C1 Effective Operational Proficiency or advanced : ENGLISH
We'd love you to:
- 1-3 years data analysis experience
- Knowledge of working with large datasets or product ranges
- Intermediate SQL or equivalent
- Background in finance or commercial environment
- Be highly analytical, with strong commercial acumen
- Have experience of using analytical software packages such as SQL server
- Have advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel
- Have knowledge of working in and interfaces between multiple systems (ERP, Publishing, Data Warehouse etc.)
- Have high attention to detail and process oriented
- Have strong Communication to work in a European team
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £27,000.00 -37,000.00 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home up to 3 days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, private medical insurance, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
If you think this role would be a great fit for you, please click apply now and submit your CV!
Want to hear more about future vacancies? Click 'connect' on our careers homepage to keep up-to-date and be the first to know about our job openings.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.