Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Manchester Hive, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce. Come and join our fantastic team of talented and innovative individuals in our unique, open-plan office in the heart of Manchester city centre!
In the role of Product Assistant you will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of the assigned product category(s), working closely with the product manager(s) to ensure focus is in line with the company and overall category strategy.
- Supporting NPI set up and ensure best in class content and data to support digital sales and search.
- Supporting system changes specific to product, ensuring relevant stakeholders are informed of changes.
- Being the first point of contact for sales teams to communicate customer product queries, taking ownership to resolve in a timely manner.
- Contributing to the delivery of the Sales and Margin performance of the assigned product category in line with agreed targets.
Day to day tasks include:
- Coordinating best in class content for new product introductions, taking guidance from the product manager.
- Implementing corrective actions from direct customer feedback.
- Pro-actively analysing data to highlight any inconsistencies with pricing, margin, part numbers or product attributes.
- Building strong relationships with key suppliers and product data team to pro-actively improve product / web content.
- Product life cycle management: supporting implementation of actions from full product manager review.
- Marketing: providing content needed to successfully market the product category(s)
- Defining key attributes and product classification for the website to improve search and online conversion, taking guidance from the product manager/supplier.
- Highlighting process improvements and drive efficiency.
- Highlighting any market opportunities or technology trends that could drive future growth.
We need you to:
- Have a background in Product, Purchasing / supply chain
- Have experience of online marketing, preferably in a distribution business - B2B or B2C (B2B preferred)
- Understand modern digital marketing techniques
- Be proficient in the use of ERP systems and MS Office (especially SAP, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills (internal and external)
- Be able to influence and persuade others (internal and external)
- Be a team player with a can do attitude
- Be able to efficiently prioritise work and inform stakeholders on progress
We'd love you to:
- Have experience in a relevant technical or commercial area (electronic engineering/digital marketing etc.)
- Have knowledge of electronic and/or industrial components (or relevant technologies) and distribution
- Have financial acumen – understanding of pricing (cost and sell) and impact on business margin
- Be adaptable with a focus on self-development
- Have a highly structured thinking and ways of working
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home up to 3 days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, private medical insurance, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
If you think this role would be a great fit for you, please click apply now and submit your CV!
Want to hear more about future vacancies? Click 'connect' on our careers homepage to keep up-to-date and be the first to know about our job openings.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.