Distrelec is one of Europe’s leading technical components distributors. Founded over 40 years ago in Switzerland, constant growth over recent years has made the Distrelec Group a leading distributor for electronics, automation, and measurement technology. With over 500 colleagues across 17 European countries and ten expert departments, we are a truly diverse organisation.
Over 100 of our talented and innovative individuals are based from our head office in the heart of Manchester; home to many of our Category and Product Management, Technology, and Marketing specialists.
The Product Assistant position is an exceptional opportunity for someone looking to begin a career in product and category management. The opportunity to learn and develop skills in areas including technical product expertise, commercial and supplier management, data and product insight, (and more!) is vast.
The Product Assistant will support the product management team; allowing the team to increase the strategic and creative ways in which we work, to continue delivering innovative products to our customers around the world. The role involves working closely with product managers and suppliers to help develop and maintain product categories.
The role will communicate with departments across Distrelec and with external suppliers to collect and ensure accurate product data; inputting and maintaining this in SAP. The Product Assistant is the first point of contact for sales teams to communicate customer product queries; so is responsible for giving customers a positive experience and ultimately contributes to the delivery of sales and margin performance for the business.
The position will suit a school, college or university leaver looking to take the first step on the Product Management career ladder. We’re looking for someone with a can-do attitude towards problem-solving and an appetite for gaining knowledge. Someone who wants to develop and make a difference to the business as part of a brilliant team will stand out to us.
Day to day tasks include:
- Coordinating collection of data to populate NPI forms ensuring all fields are complete and work with our Product Data Team in Riga to create new products
- Implementing corrective actions from direct customer feedback
- Pro-actively analysing data to highlight any inconsistencies with pricing, margin, part numbers, minimum order quantities (MOQs), lead-times or product attributes
- Building strong relationships with key suppliers and product data team to pro-actively improve product / web content
- Supporting implementation of actions from Product Manager review as part of Product Lifecycle Management (PLCM)
- Collaborating with the Marketing team to provide the rich content needed to successfully market the products
- Taking guidance from the Product Manager & Suppliers to improve Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Identifying and highlight improvements in processes to drive efficiencies
- Highlight any market opportunities or technology trends that could drive future growth
- Close collaboration with Product Managers, Suppliers, Marketing, Sales, Product Data and Tech Support
We need you to:
- Enjoy and show proficiency in working with data and numbers
- Have very good verbal and written communication skills
- Have good analytical skills and the ability to organise and prioritise
- Be competent using Microsoft Excel
- C1 Effective Operational Proficiency or Advanced: English
We would love you to have:
- An understanding of modern digital marketing techniques
- A background or interest in Product, Purchasing / Supply Chain
- Experience of online marketing
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £20,000-£24,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home up to 3 days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, private medical insurance, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.