Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Manchester Hive, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce.
This is an exciting time to join Distrelec as we move forward with a rapid expansion of our Product Management and IT teams. We are rapidly digitising our business and building our change capability.
We are looking for an innovative and collaborative Product Manager (Integrations) to work closely with our customers, internal business, third parties and operational colleagues to efficiently design and rollout technology integration solutions via both EDI & API and ensure they deliver the right expected business outcomes. The scope of the role covers managing the complex customer integration, backlog, sales pipeline and improving existing solutions.
In the role of Product Manager (Integrations) you will:
- Assume overall responsibility for the end-to-end management of the integrations area of the Distrelec platforms from initial strategy, through design and into implementation and delivery. Focused on continuing to drive our proposition on EDI connectivity, the implementation of potential API solutions and beyond to drive automated and digital integrations between Distrelec and its customers and suppliers.
- Advocate for our customers in all stages of our product ideation and delivery processes to ensure their needs are met and problems/pain points are mitigated.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and subject matter experts relevant to your area of the Distrelec eCommerce platform consulting and informing them as appropriate.
- Act as Product Owner for your own agile development team, ensuring sprint goals are agreed and work with the delivery team to ensure releases are achieved in a timely manner and prioritise requests for integration from across the sales and supplier functions into the technical teams.
Day to day tasks include:
- Leading customer EDI/API integration solution design for customers making sure we provide standard and reusable solutions across our different regions.
- Liaising with Distrelec business product stakeholders, customer operation colleagues and third party teams to define delivery solutions that are in line with business priorities.
- Owning and prioritising the backlog and ensuring consistent review of prioritisations in line with commercial priorities.
- Educating and facilitating EDI/API capability knowledge across the business, sales and customer support.
- Actively engaging with EDI SMEs to seek process improvements and optimisation, making sure we deliver a solution that satisfies Distrelec’s customers and improves customer experience.
- Supporting delivery scrum teams to test and certify the solution design.
- Working with third parties and integration implementation team, to understand capacity and pipeline, to better prepare possible scenarios with customers, regarding delivery dates and acceptance criteria.
- Translating our business strategy into a clear vision and product strategy for your functional area, balancing delivery of strategic priorities with satisfying customer needs.
- Continually collecting and analysing feedback from customers, stakeholders and the wider business and use this to guide product development in your functional area.
- Maintaining a high level of sector and professional knowledge through appropriate training, attending workshops and conferences, publications, personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Where necessary, developing and presenting business cases that make a compelling case for continued investment into your functional area.
- Analysing internal and market data to develop product strategy and define product objectives for your functional area. Where data is not available commission original research as required.
- Regularly assessing the digital products and services offered by our competitors and developing strategies and tactics to reduce any threat to our market position.
- Working with the UX team to identify opportunities for improving and enhancing existing digital services based on user feedback, screen recordings, surveys and user testing.
- Facilitating ideation workshops to identify solutions for business and customer issues, investigate the feasibility of new services and estimate effort required for delivery.
- Identifying and managing the withdrawal of legacy products and services which no longer provide value to customers or the business including communications to affected customers and (where applicable) migration to alternative services.
- Setting goals and milestones for the delivery of the vision for your functional area and, where applicable, developing product based KPIs and ensuring they are measured, tracked, and communicated.
- Presenting your prioritised backlog to the business at each quarterly road mapping session and engaging constructively with any feedback, challenge, or points of contention.
- Creating and maintaining a prioritised backlog of new features at each stage of the product management process for your functional area.
- Acting as Product Owner for your development team, preparing high-level requirements and user stories, motivate the team, create urgency and excitement around product development in your functional area.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of processes and artefacts used by the Product Management and wider IT teams.
We need you to:
- Have 4+ years' experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or a similar role in an agile delivery team ideally within a B2B organisation.
- Have experience and knowledge of implementing EDI & API solutions, Seeburger experience desirable.
- Have strong commercial experience in business analysis, business support, product ownership especially on customer integration solution and implementations.
- Have proven success with external customer EDI/API integrations.
- Be highly competent in solving real world online business problems
- Have strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be well organised and independent to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Have the proven ability to commercially manage an online/eCommerce roadmap that has delivered significant commercial returns.
- Have outstanding communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have meticulous analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be highly collaborative approach to creating solutions and stakeholder engagement.
- Have attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home a few days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, private medical insurance, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
If you think this role would be a great fit for you, please click apply now and submit your CV!
Want to hear more about future vacancies? Click 'connect' on our careers homepage to keep up-to-date and be the first to know about our job openings.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.