Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Manchester Hive, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce. Come and join our fantastic team of talented and innovative individuals in our unique, open-plan office in the heart of Manchester city centre!
In the role of Digital PR Executive you will be responsible for:
- Working alongside our team to deliver digital PR and outreach campaigns for our web shops, building awareness of our brand online in target publications
- Brainstorming campaign ideas with the team of digital marketing experts that will deliver against company objectives and expectations
- Building relationships with key publications and be responsible for any press enquires or crisis communications
- Managing Digital Publications will be an important part of your role and you will build relationships with these to run campaigns for our web shops.
- Taking part in internal and external meetings to understand the business, reporting on work and helping ensure we are hitting expected KPIs
- Sharing your expertise via our blog, industry-leading blogs, our own events and at marketing conferences
- You will also be given the chance to progress and influence the growth of our digital PR services
We need you to have:
- In-depth understanding of PR and their typical audiences
- Demonstrable operational understanding of popular PR listening tools
- Solid agency management/relationship skills (specifically PR)
- Demonstrable success in utilising PR to complement the marketing mix and grow profitability in a digitally biased business.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure in a sales focused organisation
We'd love you to:
- Have a Degree or equivalent in PR, Media Studies or Communications.
- Have a background in digital/technology
- Have knowledge of the European electronics distribution market and associated media
- Have strong writing capability
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: £28,000-32,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home a few days each week
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments and medical second opinions, a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work, and online mental health support including CBT, relaxation and calm breathing exercises.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, private medical insurance, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
If you think this role would be a great fit for you, please click apply now and submit your CV!
Want to hear more about future vacancies? Click 'connect' on our careers homepage to keep up-to-date and be the first to know about our job openings.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.