Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2017 we established our Enterprise Hub in Manchester, bringing together numerous functions including category management, marketing and IT/e-commerce. Come and join our fantastic team of talented and innovative individuals in our unique, open-plan office in the heart of Manchester city centre!
In the role of User Experience Researcher you will work as part of a cross-functional team delivering our ambitious digital strategy. You’ll join a team focused on continual improvement, experimentation and learning. Our ambition is to implement change fast, trying different strategies, experimenting using MVT tools and learning from each interaction with our customers to deliver the right things at the right time, prioritising work to deliver maximum business value and customer satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Digital Product, Product Managers, peers in the UX team and stakeholders across the business to define the vision for the development and enhancement of the Distrelec web shops.
- Facilitate a wide range of user research methodologies to develop an intimate knowledge of our customers’ requirements, on-site behaviour and expectations.
- From user testing, screen recordings, analytics and other feedback mechanisms identify web shop issues, develop solutions to rectify them and for the introduction of new products and services.
- Create and maintain mock-ups, wireframes, prototypes, specifications and other materials to facilitate effective agile development by our teams.
Day to day tasks include:
- Determining appropriate research methods to be used and developing plans for research or testing.
- Recruiting customers for research activities and maintaining a pool of active research participants.
- Creating prototypes and other materials as required to enable effective user testing.
- Conducting in-person and remote research, workshops, usability tests and other UX research activities.
- Examining analytics and other quantitative data, triangulating it with qualitative research findings.
- Conducting regular competitive analysis of other websites that operate in the same sector.
- Identifying and recommending opportunities for continued research, evaluation, and understanding.
- Participating in product management ideation workshops acting as the voice of our customers.
- Validating early-stage concepts and prototypes with customers as part of the ideation process.
- Creating, maintaining and validating customer personas to guide how we develop new and existing products.
- Turning research findings into into clear insights, actionable recommendations, strategic opportunities, and guiding principles.
- Developing documentation, wireframes, screen designs and design assets to facilitate the delivery of UX improvements.
- Implementing A/B tests to validate UX improvements prior to development.
- Clearly and effectively communicating findings from user testing and other user research/insight.
- Assisting Product Managers with prioritising work and estimating effort required for potential future development.
Participate in Scrum ceremonies and support the development teams during development.
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies and supporting the development teams during development.
- Regularly reviewing and improving our UX processes, principles, best practices and frameworks.
- Contributing to the development of our style guides and pattern libraries ensuring they reflect user research findings.
- Promoting cross-functional and collaborative work practices across the UX, product management and IT teams.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in the UX industry, research and best practice.
We need you to:
- Be English speaking (proficiency or advanced level)
- Have 3+ years' experience as a UX Researcher in an agile delivery team working with Scrum methodology, ideally within a B2B organisation.
- Have experience across all areas of user research activity including interviews, user testing, card sorting, persona development, surveys and A/B testing.
- Be able to collate, interpret and apply data to research to inform decision making.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of UX methodologies and best practice.
- Have proven ability to deliver results in a complex multi-channel business.
- Have outstanding communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Have excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Have meticulous analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have a highly collaborative approach to creating solutions & stakeholder engagement.
- Have attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Most importantly we offer:
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
- Flexible working hours with the option to work from home
- Personal development plans and tailored career paths
- Great office environment with a pool table and games room, free tea, Nespresso coffee and fresh fruit
- Company paid benefits including life assurance, income protection, private medical insurance, pension, etc.
- Access to medical support services such as online GP appointments, medical second opinions and mental health support, and a 24/7 helpline providing support on issues such as health, money and work.
- Optional benefits including cycle to work scheme, restaurant card, gym discounts, online learning, shopping discounts, savings on everyday healthcare expenses (dentist, opticians, prescriptions), etc.
If you think this role would be a great fit for you, please click apply now and submit your CV for a chance to get involved in our exciting roadmap for 2021!
Want to hear more about future vacancies? Click 'connect' on our careers homepage to keep up-to-date and be the first to know about our job openings.
Diversity and Inclusion
To be engaged, you must feel included and valued. We strive to build and nurture an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and practices, flexible working arrangements, employee engagement forums and office facilities and services to support employees from different backgrounds. We truly believe that diversity and inclusion fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customer and the communities we serve.