Distrelec is a leading European distributor of electronics, automation and measurement technology. In 2015 we established Shares Service Center in Riga. We hired bright and energetic professionals and made it into efficient tool of high importance to our business. More than 100 specialists of many different areas are working as one team every day to help our business grow, expand and lead in Europe and concur new horizons.
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT
Our unstoppable GL accountants are responsible for the financial accounting of appointed Distrelec and our sister company Nedis entities in 15 countries in Europe. They are on daily, weekly and monthly bases doing reconciliations between financial accounting systems and subs and is responsible for correct and timely reporting (internally and externally), tax declarations, as well as doing other important GL stuff. They are brilliant, they are effective, but they need more colleagues to get things done!
DAY-TO DAY TASKS:
- General ledger entry calculation and posting;
- Fixed asset administration;
- Salary journal checking, booking and reconciliation;
- Accrual, provision calculation and posting;
- Month-end closing and reporting;
- Year-end closing and annual statutory reporting;
- VAT declaration, statistical report preparation and submission.
As we are an international company – strong English skills are a must for us. We are looking for personalities who are responsible, have strong attention to details and accuracy. We trust our employees to make the right decisions - this position requires you to be able to work under deadlines and time pressure, handle multiple requests and set priorities. Although you will be working in a great team, you need to be able to work independently as well. We are looking for someone with strong sense of self-management and self-motivation for success.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN GL ACCOUNTANT:
- Finance/Accounting related higher education (can be still enrolled);
- Relevant experience working within an Accounting field;
- Good command of English and Latvian – both written and spoken;
- Strong skills in relevant computer software (Especially MS Excel);
- Accounting software skills;
We are honestly proud of our workplace. We have a modern open–space office in the city centre. You will be able to work from our office and remotely from home. We are fast-paced company with truly brilliant colleagues, international environment and can-do attitude in everything we do. Other entities have a saying that we have The Riga Spirit.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Friendly, supportive and professional team;
- Continuous training, support and career opportunities;
- Great health insurance after probation period;
- Attractive and international work environment;
- Coffee, tea and fresh fruit in the office;
- Flexible working hours and opportunity to work from home;
- A lot of fun team-building events and activities;
- First day lunch is on us;
- Monthly salary based on your level of competencies from 1500 EUR to 1800 EUR gross.